Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chalkboard Messaging Center

I went to TJ Maxx recently and found a great deal on a picture that had hooks on it. Did not love the picture or the color but for the price ($7.99) I couldn't pass it up. I knew exactly what I could turn this diamond in the rough into~ A Chalkboard Messaging Center! So, I pulled out my can of beloved chalkboard paint and got to work. Here is the before picture:




{nice but not what I wanted}

I spray painted the frame a cream color and used several coats of the chalkboard paint on the inside picture. I added a small piece of molding to the shelf so that my chalk would not roll off. I am so pleased with how it turned out. Here is an after picture:




I placed my new Chalkboard Messaging Center right by the garage door. I hang my keys and sunglasses on it. Now I never loose my keys ;-) Love, love, love it!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment